26.3.09

"'And now,' cried Max, 'let the wild rumpus start!'"


They are making a movie adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are, which will be out in October 2009. I saw the trailer on Ellen today and decided it was a worthwhile thing to post on. I loved Maurice Sendak's story of Max being sent to bed without supper, and traveling to Where the Wild Things Are. The children's books illustrations were very distinct and from what I saw, the movie seems to have captured the muted, folky colors of the stories fabulous images.
I remember reading this story and also a couple others of Sendak's. I had the Nutshell Library collection growing up which included Chicken Noodle Soup with Rice, Pierre, Alligators All Around, and One Was Johnny. I would also listen to books on tape of Sendak's stories to help me go to sleep. Oh childhood, how far away you seem now. Life was so much simpler then.

* * * *
There definitely seems to be a slew of interesting movies coming out...
Sunshine Cleaning (Amy Adams is adorable)
17 Again (only exciting because Zac Efron is staring in it, I know... I'm a 13 year old girl at heart)
500 Days of Summer (with my favorite - Zooey Deschanel)

Those are the ones that are on my mental list in my head at least. Are YOU excited for Where The Wild Things Are?

xx, Q.

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails